The Operations department services several entities under the TortoiseEcofin umbrella, utilizing a variety of systems and supporting diverse teams across the United States and in London. The Senior Operations Associate will be an active member of the department, both overseeing key projects and supporting daily work flow. They will work across these business lines, getting exposure to a multitude of investment strategies and unique growth opportunities. They will need to understand and appreciate nuances between the entities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Work to understand TortoiseEcofin products and services, business principles, and key drivers.
- Operations maintains data in Advent APX, Eze OMS, DTCC Alert and CTM. A Senior Associate will need to understand how the data is updated and how it is used across the firm.
- Learn operational processes such as daily reconciliation, pricing procedures, cash flows, post trade compliance review, and transactions posting in order to support junior team members on issue resolution and coverage.
- Lead monthly and quarterly operational processes such as monthly client reporting, and quarterly billing.
- Oversee Salesforce CRM Case Queue for the department. Work with Solutions Specialist to implement more workflow rules and automation to further enhance and streamline our Case Queue.
- This role will be cross-trained to provide coverage support for other members across the department.
- Work with the VP of Operations to support special projects and new product launches. Will need to liaison or partner with other teams and departments to ensure we are meeting and exceeding the needs of the business.
- Keep procedure documentation current and ensure other team members are cross trained as applicable.
- Represent the Operations department in a professional and service-oriented manner.
- All team members are responsible for identifying improvement areas, and can work with Solutions Specialist to automate processes. Opportunities to learn automation and technology tools available.
Education, Training, Registration or Certifications
- 4 year undergraduate
- 5 years of experience working in the Financial Services industry, particularly in a back office or middle office role required. Must possess solid understanding of financial operations and trading processes.
- Experience with portfolio management systems, customer relationship management systems, or order management systems required. Experience with Advent APX, Eze OMS, and Salesforce CRM preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds to find a positive solution that meets the needs of the business.
- Take a proactive and solutions driven approach to problem solving. Strategic thinking and agility.
- Naturally inquisitive. Always questioning why, and challenging the status quo.
- Individuals in this role must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
- Commitment to clients first. Must possess a service mindset to drive positive change for our clients.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be comfortable communicating at any level of the organization, and detailed in documenting procedures.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships.
TortoiseEcofin focuses on essential assets – those assets and services that are indispensable to the economy and society. We strive to positively impact clients and communities by investing in energy infrastructure and the transition to cleaner energy and by providing capital for social impact projects focused on education and seniors’ housing. We are passionate about making an impact without compromising returns.
At TortoiseEcofin, we know that our most essential assets are our people. Our top priority is to provide our clients with outstanding investment performance and service. We can only achieve this with a highly motivated and fully engaged team. We foster intellectual curiosity and encourage healthy debate. The only way for these tenets to succeed is within a diverse workforce. One where different ideas, viewpoints, opinions and backgrounds are encouraged in conjunction with a shared vision and core values. Developing individuals and getting them into their genius zones truly differentiates us and sets us apart.
Our benefit plans reflect our philosophy that our most essential assets are our people. Our goal is to enhance and improve the overall well-being of our employees and their families. We offer a wide array of benefits, including comprehensive health coverage, retirement plan, time to recharge, and strategic flexibility to perform your role. Visit our benefits website for more info: https://tortoisebenefits.com/
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org