Tortoise invests in assets and services that serve essential needs in society and can also serve essential needs in clients’ portfolios, such as diversification and income. Tortoise’s expertise spans traditional energy investing across the entire energy value chain, sustainable infrastructure including wind, solar and water infrastructure, credit investing, direct lending to social infrastructure projects and index construction. Through a variety of investment vehicles, Tortoise provides a wide range of client solutions, focused on their evolving needs. For more information, please visit www.tortoiseadvisors.com.
Tortoise is currently seeking a Social Infrastructure Credit Analyst. This position will use Tortoise’s unique approach and research methodologies to perform fundamental credit analysis across the Social Infrastructure sectors, evaluating potential investments, and tracking and monitoring existing holdings.
- Analyze, prepare, and present credit memos for potential high yield municipal investments, backed by a well-researched, independent recommendation and outlook, with a focus on education, healthcare, and project finance projects.
- Evaluate and monitor the credit quality characteristics of high yield municipal securities through (i) review and analysis of financial and operating profiles of obligors (fundamental credit, risk, and ratio analysis including, but not limited to, liquidity, profitability, and leverage), (ii) legal document review and covenant compliance, (iii) peer group comparisons, and (iv) review of local economic and sociodemographic market data, public sector trends and policy environments
- Assist with annual portfolio, fund, and sector reviews for holdings of directly-originated securities
- Assist with written credit reviews of existing high yield positions using an objective approach
- Assist with legal closing of approved investments
- Perform ad hoc research projects
- Maintain credit research database
- Communicate portfolio direction and performance to firm leadership
- Ensure sound investment process is followed and consistently communicated
- Stay abreast of investment, economic, legal, and business issues and market trends
- Foster high level of professionalism, client service and responsiveness in working relationships across teams
- Help devise procedures and processes to improve efficiency and scalability
- Support client service, marketing and business development efforts
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in (i) credit analysis and research in various municipal revenue sectors, (ii) fund accounting and/or nonprofit accounting, and/or (iii) municipal debt issuance
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or other investment related field
- MPA, CPA, CFA or JD preferred
- Accounting, quantitative, technical, analytical, critical thinking, communication, presentation and financial modeling abilities required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Deep understanding of municipal investments
- Demonstrated high level of self-motivation, drive and analytical skills to accomplish the team’s goals
- Ability to prioritize, organize and maximize time management
- Ability to multi-task and simultaneously move forward on multiple projects
- Ability to explain complex credit issues in simple language
- Willingness to work in a small entrepreneurial team environment and adapt to changing priorities
We welcome your interest in being a part of the Tortoise team. We offer our employees an innovative and challenging place to work with camaraderie and teamwork. We are a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial culture that respects people and values talent, experience and ambition.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org